Cheryl Chapman is a pioneer in massage for Cancer and Mastectomy. An RN since 1965, certified in massage in 1988, she combined her extensive nursing experience of 23 years as an Oncology nurse, Hospice, HIV/AIDS, Cardiac and PostPartum nurse with her wide-ranging knowledge of massage and she produced a comprehensive hands-on training program. Cheryl studied Chinese medicine & massage in NY and China. In 1999 Cheryl became Holistic Nurse Certified (HNC), which further enriched her program. Director of Professional Massage Therapy Associates, specializing in massage for Cancer, Mastectomy, Breast surgeries, Cardio, Hospice, Pre/Post Natal, Infant and Baby instruction, Geriatrics and Relaxation Massage. After completing massage school, Cheryl saw a need for continuing education for Cancer training. In 1990 she taught her first class and has expanded her education program since then
Approved as a continuing education provider by the National Certified Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork since 1992, Cheryl began teaching continuing education classes at national conferences, conventions and massage schools throughout the US in 1990. She also consults with massage schools, organizations and spas.
Cheryl is a Professional trainer to destination and day Spas throughout the country. Elizabeth Arden was the first to offer specialized Spa services to women with cancer, mastectomy and breast surgeries. Since then spas have begun to add a special program for people living with cancer.
Cheryl is a breast health advocate & teacher & lectures on breast health nationally. She is the author of "THE HAPPY BREAST BOOK" and the creator of "PHLUFF THE GIRLS" for good breast health.
Click to Watch Cheryl demonstrating her technique on YouTube
credits & certifications
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- New Jersey State Nurses Association (NJSNA)
- American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA)
- The Society 4 Oncology Massage (S4OM)
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS)
- Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA)
- Hackensack Hospital Alumni Association since 1965
- New York Society of Medical Massage Therapists (NYSSMA)
- National Association of Nurse Massage Therapists (NANMT)
- National Association of Pregnancy Massage Therapists
- Healing Touch International (HTI)
- Millburn-Short Hills Chamber of Commerce
awards & recognitions
- Received the NJ chapter AMTA Meritorious Award at the national AMTA convention in Washington, DC in 1998
- Received the NJ Chapter AMTA Presidents Award for service in 2002.
- Speaks publicly on holistic health in various clubs and organizations, such as American Cancer Society, Susan G Koman Foundation, Interweave and hospital support groups nationwide.